The Buyer Guide
The Home Buying Experience
Whether you’re becoming a homeowner for the first time, or you’re a repeat buyer, buying a home is one of the biggest financial and emotional decisions you will make in your life.
It pays to have the experience and support of a team of reliable professionals including a REALTOR®, lender, inspectors and a range of other individuals. While it is a major commitment and responsibility, it is also a very exciting time and we are proud that we will get to play a part in it. We look forward to handing you the keys to your new home!
This guide is designed to inform you about all the basic steps of the home buying process so that you can feel confident, make informed decisions, and act as an educated buyer.
Please take some time to carefully review all of the information presented here. If you have any questions about the topics discussed, we will be glad to go over them with you in detail. Since every real estate transaction is unique, you will most likely have questions or concerns not presented here.
That’s what we’re here for – to assist you at each step, to answer your questions, and to help you find the home you desire!
The Home Buying Journey
It’s important to start the loan pre-approval process as early as you can and certainly before you look at properties.
Why get pre-approved?
Knowing exactly how much you can comfortably spend on a home reduces the potential frustration of looking at homes beyond your means. Listing agents also expect to see a pre-approval letter PLUS proof of funds when you submit your offer. This ensures that you are seen as a serious buyer and puts you one step closer to acceptance.
Financial pre-qualification or pre-approval?
Pre-qualification is based on a brief discussion of your work history, income and assets. Pre-approval means you have gone through the entire process and submitted all requested paperwork to your lender.
Today’s buyer needs a lender with ALL the options.
Scott Groves – Movement Mortgage
PS. Even though there are cash buyers out there, we have ways for you to compete with them.
This is what you can expect when you work with the Bond Team:
- Buyer counseling.
- 24hr availability (well almost) to answer questions, address concerns, show property and deliver contracts.
- Daily check for new listings, including pocket listings not advertised.
We never would have gotten the house without her.
Karen S – Buyer Hancock Park
We also provide our buyers with the Homesnap app. This is a very cool app on your mobile phone that allows you to stand in front of any house and “snap” it for all the details. It also allows you to track the homes you’ve seen, mark favorites and ask us questions directly.
Simply put you want to work with a Realtor who knows how to get you the house.
- In depth explanation of all contracts and disclosures.
- Up to the minute sales comparables to assist in deciding on an offer purchase price.
- Preparation of the offer.
- Favorable presentation of the offer, negotiation with the seller’s agent.
There’s more to getting the house than just writing the offer!
Angela Bond – Bond Real Estate
There are ways to write an offer to make yourself stand out from the crowd and we’re not just talking price!
Once you have an accepted offer, you enter into escrow. The escrow company is a neutral third party, that works with both you and the seller, to ensure the contract is adhered to.
- A Transaction Coordinator to ensure all paperwork and deadlines are monitored.
- Excellent roster of inspectors for you to choose from.
- Negotiation for any credits or property repairs.
- Attendance at all inspections plus a review of every report.
- Review of title insurance.
- Review of closing figures.
- 100% hand holding
She kept me informed on every step, but still kept me protected from the drama of it all
Calvin S. – Buyer Mid City
We are here to help two parties, buyer and seller, find each other and complete the transaction with a minimum of fuss and headache. We are your advocates to see you through this.
You’ve satisfied yourself as to all inspections, agreed upon any repairs/credits and reviewed all disclosures. The appraisal has been received and your lender says you are good to go. Now all that is left is to close. Closing is where ownership of the home changes hands.
- Closing paperwork is signed by you a week to a few days before closing.
- Your lender reviews and approves.
- Your lender deposits their funds into escrow.
- You deposit your funds into escrow.
- Once escrow has ALL the monies to close, they instruct Title to record in your name.
- Title records the next day and the property is yours.
Her personal care and attention all make her unparalelled in her profession in our opinion
Melissa B – Buyer Eastside
There is no closing table in Los Angeles. We will hand you the keys to your new home on the day of closing.